CLAT entrance examination is expected to be attended by at least 50,000 aspirants this year and with just a few days left for the exam, it is fair to assume that every aspirant must be in their last phase of preparation. So we will begin this article with the big question – Are you all set for the CLAT 2018 entrance examination?
If you feel there is even the slightest hint of you pondering that question then you need to remind yourself to not let anxiety take over. Because in these last few days before the exam it is understandable getting stressed but it is up to you to drive that stress to your advantage. With that positive attitude let us share some last minute tips to help you ace the CLAT entrance examination this year.
Just to refresh your memory, here is
CLAT Syllabus and mark distribution pattern
English: 40 Marks
Elementary Mathematics: 20 Marks (Numerical ability)
Logical Reasoning: 40 Marks
Legal Aptitude/Awareness: 50 Marks
General Knowledge/Current Affairs: 50 Marks
Last minute tips for CLAT 2018
Let us now take a look at some of the last minute tips to crack CLAT by looking at it from a subject –wise preparation.
Reading is Key: if you ever did have the habit of reading in general then you would have picked up the skill of reading fast. This will, in turn, help you pace through the comprehension section and invariably save time. So incorporating the habit reading is paramount while preparing for the English section in CLAT.
Last Minute Tips for English
- While reading the comprehension sections try to grasp the central messaging of the story. This will give you perspective while answering.
- Revise basic grammar rules; go through the list of idioms, foreign words, and phrases
- Last few days before the exam, try solving at least 5-10 comprehension sections
- For grammar, practice error correction question papers. These are the type of questions wherein you are expected to find the errors in a sentence. This will help you familiarise with the different grammatical rules in English and understand what these grammatical errors are
CLAT entrance exam demands knowledge in 10th level elementary mathematics. This subject will not be prominent once you join the law school, core competencies in your law courses are legal aptitude and Language.
Last Minute Tips for Mathematics
- Practice questions from sample papers to improve your accuracy
- A large number of questions have appeared from the chapters of Percentage and Number System. Practise them
- One last glance all the important short-tricks, formulas and techniques learnt for solving mathematics questions is a mandate
As you already know Logical reasoning section tests the candidate’s ability to identify a pattern, test logic, rectify illogical arguments etc. And remember of the 200 questions asked in CLAT, logical reasoning section constitutes 20% or 40 questions.
Last Minute Tips for Logical reasoning
- Puzzles, Blood Relations, Syllogisms and the basics of critical Reasoning topics are some of the common questions asked in CLAT. So prepare extensively for these topics.
- Numerical Operations are easy if you are well versed with the formula and less time consuming so maybe you should start with this topic when attempting Logical reasoning section
- Coding-Decoding is very tricky questions hence you will need time to solve.
Legal Aptitude tests your interest in the area of law, research aptitude and problem-solving ability. Though it’s the most sought-after section by CLAT aspirants, it turns out this section is the most unpredictable.
Last Minute Tips for Legal Aptitude
- A general trend is to give weight to reasoning over knowledge, so it advisable to go through all the Reasoning questions of all the past years’ paper
- When in doubt always choose the option which comes closest to the legal principle.
Staying updated with the latest news is the only out while preparing for the Current affairs section in CLAT 2018
Last minute tips for Current Affairs
- Remember the names of Grand Slams winners, Winners of prominent prizes like Oscars, Nobel, Civilian awards etc.
- Focus on topics from the International news, government and political news, business news, Sports & Technology news etc
- Refer books like Manorama Year Book, for all important news round-up from the year.
Check out some of the Weekly current Affairs news from HashLearn below:
That’s it; these are your last minute preparation tips. Remember stress and anxiety are normal but it’s you who has to take control and use it for positive results. Good Luck!