Are you afraid of forgetting what you study? Do not worry! Even the topper has the same fear.
Here are 7 tips our tutor Shaifali says you can follow to help you study fast without forgetting.
1) Fight Ebbinghaus’ Forgetting Curve: It shows that humans tend to halve their memory of newly learned knowledge in a matter of days or weeks unless they consciously review the learned material. So unless you revise everyday, you will surely a lot of what you studied.
2) Change Your Study Method: Study loudly so that whatever you study is heard by you. This makes you receive the information not only through your eyes, but also through your ears. You can also record what you study. Whenever you’re free you can go through these recordings as a quick way to revise topics.
3) Make Short Notes: Lots of studies have shown that writing helps the brain information better. Write down important points to reinforce the information in your memory. These notes will also help in last minute revision when you cannot read the whole book again.
4) Have a plan: “Failing to plan is planning to fail”, they say. Always make a study plan. This will help you understand which topics need more of our time. Take breaks every 20 minutes to help keep your concentration levels high.
5) Teach others: If you cannot explain something easily, you haven’t understood it well enough. So teaching others is a good test of your own understanding and you’re helping your friends, too! 🙂
6) Use mnemonics: Make rhymes from things you find hard to remember. For example, if you want to remember periodic table – He, Li, Na, K, Rb, Cs, Fr. You can just rhyme it like HeLiNa(He, Li, Na) ne Ki(K) RaB(Rb) CSe(Cs) FaRiyad(Fr).
7) Sleep: Studies also show that sleeping helps the brain retain information better.
Found this useful? Share it on Facebook! 🙂