The NEET is the entrance examination to most medical colleges in India now. We will see how to make use of the two precious months left with us in our NEET preparation phase.
NEET 2019: Important Dates
|Release of application||November 1, 2018|
|Application form submission last date||December 7, 2018 (extended)|
|Application form correction||December 2018|
|Application Fee Payment||December 1 – December 12, 2018|
|Exam date||May 5, 2019|
The NEET Syllabus covers Physics, Chemistry, and Biology of class 11 and 12, as laid down by the Medical Council of India (MCI). In an attempt to establish uniformity across India, all state board syllabi are taken into consideration. To test yourself, we strongly recommend that you take mock tests from the NTA web site. With this, you can track your preparation status with the free NEET Sample Papers. There are a total of 180 questions divided equally among these sections. Each question carries 4 marks while 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Physical World and Measurement||Solid state||Diversity in Living World|
|Electrostatics||Structure of Atom||Reproduction|
|Current Electricity||Solutions||Structural Organization in Animals and Plant|
|Kinematics||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Genetics and Evolution|
|Laws of Motion||Electrochemistry||Cell Structure and Function|
|Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Chemical Kinetics||Plant Physiology|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Biotechnology and its Applications|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Surface Chemistry||Human Physiology|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Thermodynamics||Ecology and Environment|
|Gravitation||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||p-Block elements|
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||Redox Reactions|
|Thermodynamics||d and f Block Elements|
|Atoms and Nuclei||Hydrogen|
|Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Coordination Compounds|
|Electronic Devices||s-Block Elements|
|Oscillations and Waves||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
Here are some quick ways our NEET tutor Sumil suggests for you to get the most out of your 2-month preparation for NEET.
- Pay attention to all subjects: Don’t ignore subjects you are weak in. This is important because sometimes paper is so structured that your easy subject might have difficult questions. In that case, you can have a headstart if you have studied all the subjects.
- Revise old topics: It’s super easy to forget the topics you spent time studying if you don’t revise. So while covering new topics, remember to revise old topics as well.
- Solve question papers: Set your timer for 140-150 minutes. While in the examination hall there are many pressure situations which cannot be created otherwise. The only way you can prepare yourself to handle some of the pressure is by limiting your time while solving question papers.
- Be confident: Don’t let yourself believe that if you are unable to master a topic or subject you won’t be able to make it. (Read how some bounced back after failing in 7 subjects)
- You have 4 subjects, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany.Physics = 180 marks
Chemistry = 180 marks
Biology (Zoology + Botany) = 360 marksNow, if you are thorough with 3 of them you can easily get around 150 in each of them scoring 450 marks in 3 subjects along.For the 1 other subject, you just need 90-100 marks. And you can be sure of getting a seat. That is easily manageable.
- Physics: Try and solve many questions. It will be easier if you only have to change the values of numerical during exam rather than figuring the entire steps for the solution. It will save time
- Last month: In the last(revision) month revise NCERT for biology and organic and inorganic chemistry. Questions are directly framed from its sentences as it is
- Take care of your health: You can’t afford to lose any time. So eat healthily and sleep well
In the last two months, you have to revise and write mock tests. Write these mock tests in exam conditions and in the stipulated time. With every test, analyze your performance after every mock test and work on your weak areas.
The syllabus is extremely vast and hence, revision is very crucial. So, according to your mock test performance, revise the weak areas you have issues with.